Topic: Recruiting & Retaining Double Reed students - your tips?
Hello all ~ I'm a new user on the forum, from Melbourne, Australia.
I am preparing an article for the professional journal for the Australian Band and Orchestra Directors' Association (Vic. chapter).
Do you have advice/comments for Australian middle & high school educators about the successful recruitment of double reed students?
All responses to the following questions will be gratefully received.
Please note if you will be pleased for your name, position, school etc. to be published in the journal.
Thank you for your time. I look forward to reading your international perspective.
1. How do you see the situation with double reed players in schools and ensembles at present?
2. What factors do you see could be contributing to the decline in double reed numbers in school music programs (if any)?
Please comment on (a) recruitment and (b) retention.
3. What activities have you successfully implemented to recruit and increase the numbers of double reed players in your school/ensemble?
4. What activities have you successfully implemented to retain the numbers of double reed players?
5. Have you seen or heard of anything else that works?
6. What programs exist to assist with the promotion and development of double reed players? e.g. masterclasses, instrumental association/forum
How can/do people find this information?