Topic: Former Professional Oboist Killed in Car Accident

Her name was Tammy Litton, and apparently she had played professionally in Tucson.  She was taking her daughter who plays cello to meet a professor in Hattiesburg, MS.

http://www.bpnews.net/BPnews.asp?ID=26287

"Blessed with a "beautiful" voice, Litton was heavily involved in the music ministry, singing solos and playing the oboe in the orchestra, Rush said. Litton also was director of the church's new music school, which provides private instrument, voice and theater lessons for children and youth. Litton formerly played oboe for professional orchestras in Arizona, the Press-Register reported.

He also wrote an entry in his blog describing a time years ago when he took Joshua and Tyler -- both small at the time -- to a classical concert in Tucson, Ariz., to hear their mother play the oboe.

"As the symphony tuned to Tammy, I pulled the boys closer to me. 'Your mother could tune the greatest orchestras in the world,' I whispered into their little ears, 'but she chose to stay at home and raise two boys for the glory of God,'" he wrote in the blog entry dated Aug. 18. "I don't know if that memory or my ambitious words have a place in their minds today. But I will never forget how she tuned our lives. How she played in perfect pitch the melody that made life worth living."