Topic: Hi, it's me again.

I renewed my student membership before the new year began, and one of my friends/professors at the my college got his letter in the mail, apparently a long time ago. Sure, he's not a student member, but I'm sure we have equal priority, correct?

Basically, I'm just asking, how come Dr. Jose Diaz gets his before I do? We're both Fresno residents. (I also have no idea if Larry Gardner or Dr. Krista Riggs got theirs yet.)

I hope I don't sound to angry. I'm just concerned, because I'm a student member, and $35 a year is painful when you don't even have a job. big_smile

Thank You,
Anne Barrett Christensen
IDRS member since July 2007

Anne Christensen
CSUF Music Performance student, graduation date possibly Spring 2012
IDRS Student member since July 2007
Sigma Alpha Iota (International Music Fraternity For Women)- Kappa Psi chapter

Re: Hi, it's me again.

Hi Anne:

You might contact Norma Hooks to find out http://www.doublereed.org/IDRSBBS/profile.php?id=126   My guess is that there are lots of members to mail to and very few doing the mailings so it may take a while to get them out to everyone.  You are early on in the alphabet though... Maybe it is done in reverse smile

Last edited by Kent Moore (2008-01-20 20:05:19)

Dr. Kent Moore
Principal Lecturer In Bassoon and Theory
Northern Arizona University

Thanks Kent.
I got it a few weeks ago... I just haven't had a chance to update on that. I'm trying out for a concerto competition at CSUF, and my Mac started acting stupid, and one thing lead to another.... it was pretty ugly two weeks ago.  I just found out that I WILL be getting a Bonna Case and I'm pretty stoked about that, because a 25.5 lb bassoon backpack + 7AM Pilates class just doesn't work. I have had severe back pain for almost a month now.

Other than that, I'm rushing for the professional music sorority Tau Beta Sigma... and I'm having a blast.

I think it was awesome to see the CSUF Double Reed Day advertised in the Double Reed.... I just opened it to that page and thought to myself, "Hey, I know these two!" *laughs*

Anne Christensen

Sounds like you are having lots of fun.  Good luck with the concerto competition.

Dr. Kent Moore
Principal Lecturer In Bassoon and Theory
Northern Arizona University

Thank you,
I just got my application submitted for it in the nick of time.... now I just need to brush up on the last page of the rondo, and meet with the pianist. big_smile

Anne Christensen