Topic: Oboe/English horn case on wheels for shoulder problems?

Hi,
I've reccently diagnosed with Thoracic Outlet syndrome (an RSI that involves compressed hand/arm nerves and blood vessels near the shoulder area). I play oboe and English horn and I have a BAM backpack case and with my shoulder issues, that's currently not working for me and a non backpack case would probably put strain in the area as well.

Does anyone know if anyone makes an oboe/English horn case on wheels and where I can get one?
I know I could use a dolly or a pack and roll, but if there's a case, it would be great because it would be less hassle and less to carry around.

Thanks in advance

Re: Oboe/English horn case on wheels for shoulder problems?

Dear "moonlit_reveries"

I'm sorry to hear about your health issues - as I'm sure we all are here at the IDRS Forum.  I don't ever remember seeing an oboe or English horn case with rollers or wheels.

From time to time, I use a small (concert black - LOL) suitcase with rollers which I purchased at Wal-mart for about $12.  My 2 single cases (ob. plus Eh) both fit in it or just my double case along with the instrument stand along with odds and ends. 

It's surprising how heavy all this stuff is to carry - music, reed gear, instrument stand, folding music stand, in addition to the instruments and cases!  More and more I see people in general lugging stuff around on wheels. 

At the ripe old age of 52 - I figure I'm now entitled!  LOL

Welcome to the Forum!  I see you're a new user.  I hope you enjoy it!

Sincerely,
Marsha smile

Re: Oboe/English horn case on wheels for shoulder problems?

I'm with Marsha.  I use a four-wheeled cart to carry all my school stuff (books, lunch, thermos etc) and I just bungee-cord my oboe bag or double case to the  top of it.   My back & shoulders would never carry all that weight anymore.  Check out ebags.com -- this site has every type of pull-behind out there, and the best part is free shipping and free returns if you're not satisfied for any reason.

Darlene