Topic: Tony Romano and All Bassoon Cane company

I tried to post something earlier but I'm not sure it worked.  I contacted a business that was linked to the All Bassoon Cane web site to see if they could give me any information about Tony Romano and the cane business.  I was told that Tony Romano is no longer in the cane business.  I ordered cane on March 25, 2008, and received an order confirmation but I didn't receive any cane and all attempts to contact Mr. Romano were fruitless.  Luckily, my credit card was never charged.

Re: Tony Romano and All Bassoon Cane company

Thanks for the news.  It sure is strange that he wouldn't update his website or respond to e-mails though.  Let's hope nothing unfortunate happened to him.  Kent

Dr. Kent Moore
Principal Lecturer In Bassoon and Theory
Northern Arizona University

A month or two ago, a colleague told me that he ordered some cane from All Bassoon Cane, but never received the order. He tried several times to contact the company, but to no avail.

"It's not my job to give you the pulse! It's your job to figure it out!"
-An Allegedly Professional Conductor

The same thing happened to me about 8 months ago. I ordered about $100 worth of bassoon reed cane from him to get "back into the habit," and it never came! I freaked out because of it, thinking that I was going to be out a bunch of money, but as it turns out, no charge was made... Hmm...

Oddly, the website is down, and no one has seen nor heard from him at all in the last year. Echoing a previous post, yes, I hope nothing bad has befallen him.

At least his website is down now, so people won't be trying to order from him any more.

Somebody HAS to know the guy.  Hopefully the truth will come out at the conference.

M.M.A., D.M.A. University of Illinois at Urbana/Champaign: B.Mus. Lawrence University
Bassoon professor at University of Wisconsin Eau-Claire
Maker of the Little-Jake electric bassoon pickup and Weasel bassoon reeds