Topic: Replies in Classified Ad Forum

Is it intentional that I am unable to post replies to any of the topics in the Classified Ads forum, or am I doing something wrong?  It seems to work fine everywhere else.

Thanks.

Associate Principal Bassoon/Contrabassoon, Kansas City Symphony

Re: Replies in Classified Ad Forum

I tried it and I could post replies in the classified section and there was a reply to your message here http://www.doublereed.org/IDRSBBS/viewtopic.php?id=3262 but Saxton is a moderator and so am I so maybe it is different for us.  Do you see the "Quick post" at the bottom or is the "Quick post" not even there.  Kent

Dr. Kent Moore
Principal Lecturer In Bassoon and Theory
Northern Arizona University

I don't see a quick post at the bottom.  I am a moderator also - but in "off topic" matters.

Thanks Marsha.  Maybe that clears it up then.  I am specifically a moderator of the Classified Ad Forum so that is probably why I have the "Quick Post" and can reply.  But I am not sure why Saxton could reply to TK's post in the link above because he is not listed as a moderator for the Classified Ad Forum.  It must be because he has more complete administrative rights.

Dr. Kent Moore

This is still not an option for ordinary members, and it seems really counterintuitive to not allow potential buyers be able to ask questions and have them answered by the sellers.  Is there any way that this could be changed?

Hi TK:

Are you a member of the IDRS.  The Classified section is the only section that you need to be a member in order to participate.  If you are, then that is really strange and I too wish it could be changed if possible.  Kent

Dr. Kent Moore

Yes, I'm an IDRS member.  I can make a new post in Classified just fine, but it seems like no one but specific moderators can reply to a post.  I'm sure this is just a quick settings change that can be made somewhere in the board settings, unless the method used to prevent postings from non-members somehow prevents replies instead of new posts.

Quick post is available to all subscribers in all forums. I have reset the BBS program. I logged in as a regular member and quick post was available to me in every forum. If you still cannot see quick post in the Classified Ad Forum, try you access with a different browser or from a different computer.

Yoshi Ishikawa
Professor of Bassoon, University of Colorado at Boulder, College of Music
Editor, IDRS OnLine Publications

Thanks, Yoshi.

Dr. Kent Moore