|       
Barber Symphony #1, 1st mvt….

The IDRS Forum is an archived resource. Some boards will remain open for discussions. Visit the Marketplace to list items for sale, or the Community Events and Openings page to list and search job openings, community shared events, and educational openings. Visit the IDRS Fingering page to search and suggest fingerings.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Pedagogy Bassoon and Contra Bassoon Fingerings Barber Symphony #1, 1st mvt….

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    James Jeter
    Participant

Does anyone have a ‘trick’ fingering for the E4 to high Ab slur passage in the fast passage of the 1st mvt? Thanks in advance for any advice. jj

James Jeter
    Participant

Oops, meant E3!

Steve Harriswangler
    Participant

I do not know the passage, but I have an excellent Ab slur fingering. Use the normal fingering in left hand but, right hand, only thumb Bb and low F keys. So.. LH 1/2 2 3 whisper, + lowEb RH Bb F. Very solid, slight color change and fairly good intonation. I think I made it up, but someone probably did before me.

dclark
    Participant

On high Ab I use only the thumb F# key in the right hand. Worked well for me on this passage. The left hand is as usual.

Steve Harriswangler
    Participant

Yeah, just F# is good too, or just F. On my horn the F# alone is high and F alone is too low. My sons horn is fine with just the F#. The Bb key makes using the F key higher and more solid.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Bassoon and Contra Bassoon Fingerings’ is closed to new topics and replies.