|       
Capriccio Italien

The IDRS Forum is an archived resource. Some boards will remain open for discussions. Visit the Marketplace to list items for sale, or the Community Events and Openings page to list and search job openings, community shared events, and educational openings. Visit the IDRS Fingering page to search and suggest fingerings.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Pedagogy Bassoon and Contra Bassoon Fingerings Capriccio Italien

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Nancy Williams
    Participant

I am working on the Capriccio Italien and my fingers are refusing to cooperate with the passage from bars 537-544. Any suggestions regarding making this section any easier to play (other than practice it a lot, which I am already doing)? It’s 4 bars of Fsharp-Gsharp-A (just above the tenor clef staff) followed by 4 bars of Gsharp-A-B.

Thanks!

Nancy

Christopher Weait
    Participant

Nancy, A fast and awkward passage! Try using these fingerings:

F#: 1/2 x x | x x o F
    G#: 1/2 x x | o o o F
    A: 1/2 x x | o o o F
    LTH: A, C#

Use same G# and A fingerings then go to
    B: 1/2 x o | x x o F

Fingering purists will say you shouldn’t use a 1/2 hole on high A and B, but it works for this very fast passage.

The high B is very unsatisfactory if you try playing that fingering as a sustained note.

The nice thing about this fingering pattern is that you can keep the F key down and you don’t have to use the RH3 on the G key (a very awkward movement at any tempo)

Good luck, crw

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘Bassoon and Contra Bassoon Fingerings’ is closed to new topics and replies.