|       
Cimarosa Oboe Concerto — Band Accompaniment Arrangement?

The IDRS Forum is an archived resource. Some boards will remain open for discussions. Visit the Marketplace to list items for sale, or the Community Events and Openings page to list and search job openings, community shared events, and educational openings. Visit the IDRS Fingering page to search and suggest fingerings.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Music and Media Double Reed Sheet Music Cimarosa Oboe Concerto — Band Accompaniment Arrangement?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Shawn
    Participant

Hello everyone,
    I have a good friend and colleague trying to locate an arrangement of the Cimarosa Oboe Concerto for band (as opposed to the orchestral accompaniment).

I remember Marc Fink posting a while back saying that he had a version at Trevco. It seems this arrangement is no longer available. I have them doing the research to find another source. I know there are many other versions out there which were arranged by various arrangers in the Military bands. I cannot seem to locate a readily available arrangement.

Does anyone have any leads on where I might find an arrangement?

Thanks,
    Shawn

Trevor Cramer
    Participant

Hey Shawn. Marc’s arrangement is indeed available from TrevCo-Varner Music and possibly other music dealers, but since it was arranged for oboe with the accompaniment of WW10 (double woodwind quintet) it does not show up if you search Ob/Band on their site. Search Cimarosa and you will see it. Trevor

Shawn
    Participant

Thanks Trevor

Shawn
    Participant

HI everyone,
    Not having much luck. There are now about 5 different individuals in my immediate area trying to locate an arrangement for oboe and band of the Cimarosa. There are two European companies that have it, however we have called and no one is responding. We know of the Marc Fink Arrangement for WW10tet, however we really need a full band arrangement as it is a high school group. Any leads or help is greatly appreciated!

Shawn

Delmar Williams
    Participant

Wonder if the Marine Band or any other service band has ever arranged it?

They’ve had plenty of good oboists over the years so I’m sure that is possible.

Shawn
    Participant

Delmar,
    I too think that there are several military band arrangements. However, most of the time my experience has been that they won’t loan them out. I don’t have any connections in that way either. Maybe I will arrange it myself! :-)

Shawn

Christopher Weait
    Participant

Shawn, With an intelligent conductor Mark Fink’s accompaniment could be played by a decent high school band. With a full band arrangement (and an unintelligent conductor) I fear the oboe would not be heard. crw

Delmar Williams
    Participant

I received this email from IDRS member Barbara Grover:

Jerry Lackey has done an arrangement of the accompaniment for concert band of the Cimarosa Oboe Concerto. Gail Warnaar has it listed in her online catalog.

http://catalog.doublereedshop.com/shop/show_products?search_algo=95.1

Double Reed Shop Online
    CIMAROSA / Lackey 1749-1801 Instrumentation: Ob-Wind Ens
    Concerto for Oboe and Strings
    Level: V
    DRShop Comments: Wind ensemble accomp.
    $90.00

Shawn
    Participant

Thanks so much Delmar!

Shawn

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.