|       
E to G shake…

The IDRS Forum is an archived resource. Some boards will remain open for discussions. Visit the Marketplace to list items for sale, or the Community Events and Openings page to list and search job openings, community shared events, and educational openings. Visit the IDRS Fingering page to search and suggest fingerings.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    James Jeter
    Participant

In Mason Jones’ transcription of Ravel’s Tombeau de Couperin for ww quintet, the last 3 measures of the Prelude has an E natural (5th line, tenor clef) going to the higher G natural above – does anyone know of a possible fingering for this shake? Thanks in advance for any future response/help. Jim

Saxton Rose
    Participant

Hey Jim,
    I’m playing the Jones Tombeau this weekend. I’m starting with a couple full fingered, then moving to this with the e-flat resonance key down.

eb-tr
    x o o | o o o

Trent Jacobs
    Participant

I recently learned that Paul Hanson does this move all the time. Once I knew he was doing it I heard it all over his solo playing.

First finger, over blow to get the E, then trill the high Eb key, like Saxton said.

James Jeter
    Participant

Great – I’ll definitely try this! Thanks much.

James Jeter
    Participant

Another really good one from Juan de Gomar:

LH 2 3 Eb RH 1 2 3 Ab

to

LH 2 3 Eb RH Ab (Move the 3 fingers of the right hand!)

Saxton Rose
    Participant
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘Bassoon and Contra Bassoon Fingerings’ is closed to new topics and replies.