|       
Miami University Bassoon Day – Sunday February 17th, Oxford, Ohio

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Announcements Festivals and Events Miami University Bassoon Day – Sunday February 17th, Oxford, Ohio

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Emily Prochaska 10 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Emily Prochaska
    Participant

Dear Bassoonists,

It is my pleasure to invite you to the campus of Miami University, in Oxford, OH, on February 17, 9:30am-5:00pm, for our 2019 Bassoon Day, hosted by the Miami University Department of Music. We are extremely fortunate to welcome special guests Keith Buncke (Principal Bassoon of the Chicago Symphony Orchestra), and the Double Reed Dish Podcast team of Jacqui Wilson (Bassoon Professor at Southeast Missouri State University) and Galit Kaunitz (Oboe Professor at The University of Southern Mississippi), and I hope you will join the Miami University bassoon community as we enjoy and learn from their expertise.

The 2019 Miami University Bassoon Day is open to high school bassoonists, college bassoonists, and adult bassoonists. Sessions will include an interactive lecture masterclass with Dr, Ryan Reynolds, a performance by the Miami University Bassoon Quartet, a live podcast recording with Double Reed Dish, a masterclass with Keith Buncke (open to participants of all levels by audition), and a recital featuring all of our guest artists. We will have a catered lunch, and parents of high school students will have the opportunity to meet with Dr. Chris Tanner, Chair of the Miami University Department of Music, in an information session about the university and our music program. Vendors will be present, including Bocal Majority and Double or Nothing Reeds. I expect this to be an exciting day of music making, and I, along with all the members of the Miami University Bassoon Studio, hope you will consider joining us!

Please visit our website for more information and registration: https://www.miamioh.edu/cca/academics/departments/music/about/outreach-programs/bassoon-day/

Sincerely,
    Emily Prochaska
    Student Planning Assistant

Ryan Reynolds
    Visiting Assistant Professor of Bassoon at Miami University

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.