|       
New Music by John Steinmetz: Kickstarter Consortium

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Music and Media Double Reed Sheet Music New Music by John Steinmetz: Kickstarter Consortium

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Abigail Walker 1 year ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Abigail Walker
    Participant

I have created a Kickstarter Consortium for new music by John Steinmetz.

The piece was conceived as a gift for Jeff Keesecker from all those who have known him and/or heard his beautiful playing. Jeff is an incredible pedagogue, inspired player, and simply put, just a brilliant human to know. His philosophy on life is profound, and has created deep rivers of meaning throughout the music community.

John is, let’s be honest, a composer that we all truly adore. There are few words that adequately describe his moving music or treasured life. He is of particular importance to me personally because of his Sonata. This piece and his friendship reached into a dark place in my life, and drew me out like Orpheus’ pursuit of Euridice.

Much like the Florentine Camerata, I ask you to be a part of a new type of music commission. A Kickstarter Consortium! If we all work together, we can all be part owners of a piece entitled “Play Your Part” which will be written in such a way that each performing ensemble is part of the creative process.

We were recently selected as “A Project We Love” by Kickstarter! And I am very intent on making this commission happen in the most meaningful way possible; however, that means that I need your support at this preliminary stage to do so. Donations of all amounts are welcome, but rewards for more generous backers include free scores, premiere rights, co-commissioner status, and signed copies of the score.

Thank you for your consideration!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.