Tagged: Double Reed Vacancies
October 18, 2019 at 8:21 am #145166Daryl DurranParticipant
Artist/Teacher of Oboe
The Pennsylvania State University School of Music is seeking a dynamic, collaborative oboe instructor to be part of its vibrant program. This is a three-year non-tenure track, 36-week full-time academic appointment at the rank of Lecturer, with a start date of August 15, 2020.
• Teach applied oboe lessons and reed-making to undergraduate and graduate music majors and minors. Teaching responsibilities will include oboe techniques class for music education majors and chamber music coaching. Additional teaching assignments will depend on the candidate’s areas of expertise and the needs of the School.
• Maintain national and regional visibility as a performer/pedagogue and perform with The Pennsylvania Quintet, the faculty wind quintet of the School of Music, as part of professional development.
• Participate in on-campus faculty performances.
• Advise undergraduate and graduate students, participate in auditions, serve on committees, and perform other university and professional service as appropriate.
• Recruiting activities may include visiting secondary schools, offering workshops, participating in summer programs, and adjudicating.
• Terminal degree in oboe performance.
• Potential for or an already established national reputation as an oboist.
• Evidence of excellence in teaching as well as a high potential for recruiting at the university level.
• Ability to work effectively within the School.
• Willingness to be available for faculty and student performances, including weekends and evenings
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. Penn State offers an attractive benefits package.
To apply, please submit 1) cover letter, 2) curriculum vitae, 3) links, preferably through YouTube and in a separate document, to high-quality audio and/or video recordings of performances (please include dates of performances) and 4) a list of three current references with full contact information including email addresses.
Review of applications will begin on November 1, 2019 and will continue until the position is filled. Employment will require successful completion of background check(s) in accordance with University policies.
The School of Music at Penn State is committed to and accountable for advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in all its forms. We embrace individual uniqueness, foster a culture of inclusion that supports both broad and specific diversity initiatives, and leverage the educational
and institutional benefits of diversity. We value inclusion as a core strength and an essential element of our public service mission.
The School of Music offers a broad range of undergraduate and graduate programs. Visit music.psu.edu more information.October 19, 2019 at 2:54 pm #145174
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.