|       
Spoleto USA 2008 from a double reed prospective

The IDRS Forum is an archived resource. Some boards will remain open for discussions. Visit the Marketplace to list items for sale, or the Community Events and Openings page to list and search job openings, community shared events, and educational openings. Visit the IDRS Fingering page to search and suggest fingerings.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Announcements Festivals and Events Spoleto USA 2008 from a double reed prospective

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Delmar Williams
    Participant

I went to Spoleto USA the first weekend in June. I did hear Peter Kolkay play in the Schubert Octet. He, Eric Ruske, Todd Palmer, and the strings played a great concert.

I really didn’t hear much oboe at all while I was there. But if I had been there another time I would have heard Firebird and lots of other oboe rep as well.

The oboists listed in the program book were:
    Emily Brebach, Stanley Chyi, Annie Hennede, Merideth Hite and Catherine Weinfeld.

The four bassoonists were Aaron Apaza, Renee DeBoer, Matt McDonald and William Short.

I talked to Matt and Bill as they were playing in an opera that I attended. They told me they both went to Curtis. For some reason, I thought they seemed familiar to me…..then I REMEMBERED THIS YOUTUBE VIDEO. IT WAS THEY WHO ACTED AND PRODUCED IT!!!!

Shawn
    Participant

Merideth Hite went to CCM (Cincinnati Conservatory) and recently studied in Germany with Nicholas Daniel on a Fulbright scholarship. She was an undergrad while I was a grad student. Fantastic oboist! This is a young oboist we are going to hear amazing things about in the near future. Bright girl, great personality, amazing talent!

Shawn

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘Festivals and Events’ is closed to new topics and replies.