|       
Technique Exercises

The IDRS Forum is an archived resource. Some boards will remain open for discussions. Visit the Marketplace to list items for sale, or the Community Events and Openings page to list and search job openings, community shared events, and educational openings. Visit the IDRS Fingering page to search and suggest fingerings.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    feltonm2015
    Participant

Hello! I’m a high school student who is looking for daily exercises to improve my technique. I was just seeing if anyone had any technical exercises they could suggest for me. Thanks for your time!

Trent Jacobs
    Participant

Oboe or bassoon?

feltonm2015
    Participant

Sorry, forgot to specify that I’m a bassoonist.

Trent Jacobs
    Participant
    beebejp
    Participant

For raw technique, Kovar’s 24 Daily Studies can be very effective. The can be dry, but in small doses they work wonders if used as he intended. I especially suggest chapters 3, 4, 6, and 7.

Happy Bassooning!

James Jeter
    Participant

I ‘second’ the Kovar studies – Harold Goltzer gave us these as our required fundamentals at Juilliard. The Milde Scale and Concert Studies are also great, and are interesting musically. Nowadays, I enjoy Christopher Weait’s Bassoon Scales for Reading, which help keep one in ‘shape!’ Good luck!

feltonm2015
    Participant

Thanks for the feedback, more feedback would be appreciated!

Steve Harriswangler
    Participant

Ok, I really like these, they are quite advanced but very fun to play, when I have time I try to play through the book.

http://www.musikkforlagene.no/en/Product/Details/5919/R%C3%B8nnes-Kristian-Oma-12-BASSOON-STUDIES-op-33

Or download

https://musikkforlagenedigital.no/no/product/ronnes-kristian-oma-12-bassoon-studies-op-33-2

Steve

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘Teaching – General: Solutions, Question, Tips’ is closed to new topics and replies.