|       
Where are some places to buy bassoons in New York/New Jersey/Pennsylvania

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums IDRS Affairs Forum and Website Topics Where are some places to buy bassoons in New York/New Jersey/Pennsylvania

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  William Safford 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Michael Corcoran
    Participant

Hello! I’ve been playing Bassoon for 7 years now, and am finally looking into purchasing my first bassoon as I prepare for college. Does anyone know of any stores or shops in New York and the surrounding states to buy a bassoon, new or used?

Additionally, any recommendations on bassoons for college level playing? I’ve said for awhile that a Renard 240 would be my dream, but I’ve heard that Schreiber Bassoons can hold a better tone in the upper register and is more consistent throughout the range of the instrument. This is all so confusing and any help would be much appreciated, thank you!

William Safford
    Participant

Hi Michael. I see that nobody has replied to your message, so here is some information.

There are quite a few potential vendors in and around the New York City area. Here is one recommendation. A friend of mine, Justin Wright, is the manager of a Music and Arts store in Manchester, NH. He is a bassoonist, and knows how to assist you.

I do not know the current status of Schreiber bassoons. I do like Fox bassoons. I have a personal preference for the 220 over the 240, but that is a personal decision.

One last thought: have you consulted with your college professor (assuming that you matriculate in the fall)? He or she may have opinions, and may be able to assist you with your purchase.

If you haven’t already made a purchase, best wishes for your shopping!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.