The IDRS Forum is the official bulletin board of the Society, with a searchable archive of more than 31,000 posts. The purpose of the Forum is to provide IDRS Members with the means to ask questions, obtain answers, and disseminate information on topics related directly to double reeds. Students, teachers, professionals and music aficionados are welcome to join and participate in discussions. As of the launch of the new idrs.org in 2018, the Forum no longer has moderators.
- IDRS strictly prohibits political or religious discussions, messages that are slanderous, and solicitations for money or donations, excluding those made by the officers of IDRS on behalf of IDRS.
- Members may post ads directly related to double reeds in the Classified Ads Forum. Ads may appear in any form, and may include photos, prices, links, etc.
- Please refrain from dominating the Forum with multiple solicitations for the sale and promotion of products or events.
- IDRS does not make assurances for the accurate description of any advertised item, nor the reliability of the parties involved.
- IDRS reserves the right to remove any ads that the society finds inappropriate.
- Posting foul or abusive language is forbidden. This includes obscenities, verbal harassments, or comments that would prove offensive based on race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, or national origin.
- Forum posts, which contain announcements, links to news and media, and shared blogs are restricted to one post per day per member. Daily announcements, blog shares, and links to news and media should be combined into a single forum post with multiple listings and links. For example, to post ten news topics in one day, combine all ten into one listing and then post that list. This forum rule applies only to the creation of new posts. There is no daily limit to the number of comments members may leave on existing posts.
IDRS reserves the right to ban any individual from the Forum for abuse and violation of the above rules. To report issues concerning proper Forum use email email@example.com.