|       
EH B-flat won't speak

The IDRS Forum is an archived resource. Some boards will remain open for discussions. Visit the Marketplace to list items for sale, or the Community Events and Openings page to list and search job openings, community shared events, and educational openings. Visit the IDRS Fingering page to search and suggest fingerings.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Instruments and Tools Instrument Questions EH B-flat won't speak

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Walter Oney
    Participant

[From an amateur player] All of a sudden, my EH won’t produce B-flat (concert E-flat) on the staff or in the octave. The sound that comes out is pitched at B-natural, but is very muted. The linkage between joints appears to be doing what it should. I verified that there are no leaks in the top joint when the 3 left-hand keys are pressed. I don’t believe there is water in a vent because the sound I get doesn’t have the burble that I’m used to hearing. Any ideas will be appreciated.

Walter Oney
    Participant

Please, somebody, help me if you can. I live 50 miles from the nearest competent repairman, and I have to play a concert on Tuesday. I disassembled the keywork, and there is no obstruction in any of the top joint vents. The pads look fine. The A-flat to B-flat trill works just fine, but is a very awkward alternate fingering.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.