|       
in search of Guitar and Bassoon music

The IDRS Forum is an archived resource. Some boards will remain open for discussions. Visit the Marketplace to list items for sale, or the Community Events and Openings page to list and search job openings, community shared events, and educational openings. Visit the IDRS Fingering page to search and suggest fingerings.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Music and Media Double Reed Sheet Music in search of Guitar and Bassoon music

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Trent Jacobs
    Participant

Wondering if anyone knows of any cool tunes or arrangements for bassoon and guitar. The listing of music available by TrevCo is relatively small and there’s no Piazzolla. :-)

Does anyone have any unofficial arrangements of things that they’d maybe be willing to share? Or pieces that exist not sold by TrevCo? Or maybe know of pieces that adapt well with little adjustment required by the players?

Feel free to email me. tjbassoon at gmail.

David A. Wells
    Participant

A guitarist friend of mine at UW-Madison just finished his dissertation on bassoon and guitar music. I haven’t seen it and it’s not on Proquest yet, so I’ll send you his e-mail address privately.

Also, do you know Jesse Read’s CD “Café Palermo”? It’s all bassoon and guitar, and I think has some Piazzolla: http://www.jesseread.com/cds/palermo1.html. You might write to him about the arrangements.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.