|       
Popkin Profiler curved ramp

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Reeds The Bassoon Reed Room Popkin Profiler curved ramp

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Annie Mason 3 weeks, 5 days ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Frank Watson
    Participant

I recall finding a machinist/bassoonist in Cincinatti, a student of Bill Winstead at CCM I think, who was marketing a curved ramp to replace the straight ramp on later Mark Popkin Profilers. I think he also made a curved ramp for Rieger Profilers as well, and may have sold some other bassoon tools like Mandrel Tips. Maybe was developing his own Gouger and Profiler, too. I tried to locate his website tonight, but can’t locate it. Any ideas on who I’m looking for or how to contact him? Thanks

Annie Mason
    Participant

It is (or was?) called the PCD Company. I tried their ramp a while ago and I remember having issues with the screws and the fit with my Popkin. They also didn’t send a properly sized allen wrench with it and I ended up buying several wrench sets before I could find one small enough to use for assembly.
    It would have been a very cool upgrade, but it was difficult to work the issues out with them as they didn’t respond to emails either.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.