|       
Retracing – Fingerings for D2 – F#2, B3 – D#3, G2- D3 shakes

The IDRS Forum is an archived resource. Some boards will remain open for discussions. Visit the Marketplace to list items for sale, or the Community Events and Openings page to list and search job openings, community shared events, and educational openings. Visit the IDRS Fingering page to search and suggest fingerings.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Pedagogy Bassoon and Contra Bassoon Fingerings Retracing – Fingerings for D2 – F#2, B3 – D#3, G2- D3 shakes

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    dnaltd
    Participant

Just wondering if anyone could help with the fingerings for these shakes. All of them are in Retracing by Elliot Carter. I’ve searched through Gerald Corey’s book and the Essential’s of Bassoon Technique and can’t find anything helpful.

Many thanks!

Vincent Ellin
    Participant

I’ve been working on this piece for a while after just performing the Yun Monolog. For the d to f# shake play d with o x x/ o o o with the whisper key down. Trill with the f# trill key (high Eb) key with your first finger. You may have to relax your embouchure a bit, but this works for me. The F to C is straight forward, as are the other tremolos which I am using all full fingerings. Let me know if you have any further questions, I would be glad to help.

Vincent Ellin
    Participant

Oh yes the b to d# I forgot about. Play b normally and alternate between the b and a simple forked x o x in the left hand for the d#.

dnaltd
    Participant

Thanks Vincent. It gives me something to work with!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Bassoon and Contra Bassoon Fingerings’ is closed to new topics and replies.