|       
Starting my search for a bassoon

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Instruments and Tools The Instrument Shop Starting my search for a bassoon

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Thomas Holly 1 month ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Thomas Holly
    Participant

Hi all! I went to school for bassoon but ended up choosing another career. I started on a new Renard 240 in high school and then purchased a new Fox 601 in college, which I later sold. I haven’t played in at least 12 years but have decided to save up for another bassoon and be a “hobbyist”. I am interested in keywork with precise action, and in being able to express myself by playing lyrically. I don’t need the projection of a pro horn, as at most I’d join a community orchestra one day. My budget is around $10-$15K. My target instruments to try are: another new Fox Renard 240; a new Moosmann M24; a new Wolf 2000 plus; a used Moosmann 100E; a used Fox 201. I would also consider a new Fox 460 but aesthetically I can’t get on board with the long bell and candy apple red color; just my personal preference. Any recommendations within my relatively limited budget? Any positives or negatives from my listed horns? Also, anyone ever try a Fox 680 or 685? Well outside my budget; just curious how people are liking them.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.