|       
Unstable middle G on bassoon

The IDRS Forum is an archived resource. Some boards will remain open for discussions. Visit the Marketplace to list items for sale, or the Community Events and Openings page to list and search job openings, community shared events, and educational openings. Visit the IDRS Fingering page to search and suggest fingerings.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Performance Practice Modern Performance Practice Unstable middle G on bassoon

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Clint Padgitt
    Participant

I am an advanced amateur bassoonist playing a Fox 201 and have begun to have an unstable middle G. Sometimes the sound will be solid, but all too often it comes out as an out-of-tune falsetto. I have tried harder reeds which work initially but then the problem recurs. If I play a scale, every other note is fine, but when I hit the G that one note goes unstable and out of tune. My repairman says that there is nothing wrong with the instrument. I can believe that the problem is the reed or the way I am playing the note, but why is it that I did not have this problem for 20 years and now I have it? I am wondering if anyone else has ever had this problem. Thanks for your advice.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.