|       
Who is this oboist?

The IDRS Forum is an archived resource. Some boards will remain open for discussions. Visit the Marketplace to list items for sale, or the Community Events and Openings page to list and search job openings, community shared events, and educational openings. Visit the IDRS Fingering page to search and suggest fingerings.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Music and Media Double Reed Media on the Web Who is this oboist?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Kent Moore
    Participant

Does anyone know who this oboist is? Thanks, Kent

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRb8KKyenSY

Patricia Emerson Mitchell
    Participant

I’m going to guess … and, mind you, this is only a guess! But I did a bit of searching and here’s what I’m thinking: the concert was in Munich in 2005 (so it says). Searching on that information, it appears that the orchestra is the Münchner Rundfunkorchester (Munich Radio Orchestra). So I went to the orchestra roster page, and from there to the page where oboists are listed. The principal is a man, as is the third player listed, so I’m just guessing that perhaps this is the second player, Yeon-Hee Kwak. Now of course all of this is merely my guesswork, so I could easily be wrong.

But the searching was fun! :)

Update: doing more searching, I’m not certain this was in 2005; some search results came up with 2004. Just FYI.

(I do wonder about YouTube and copyright issues; will they eventually be sued? I believe there is supposed to be a DVD of this concert … IF it’s the concert in question.)

Kent Moore
    Participant

Thanks Patty. I bet you are right. Thanks for your search work–it is much appreciated. Kent

Patricia Emerson Mitchell
    Participant

Happy to do it, Kent! What with my project of finding the double reed players of European orchestras this fit right in!

gonzaloxruiz
    Participant

Whoever it is, she sounds great.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.