|       
Composer Christopher Rouse Has Died. The Oboe Connection

The IDRS Forum is an archived resource. Some boards will remain open for discussions. Visit the Marketplace to list items for sale, or the Community Events and Openings page to list and search job openings, community shared events, and educational openings. Visit the IDRS Fingering page to search and suggest fingerings.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums IDRS Affairs Double Reed – General topics Composer Christopher Rouse Has Died. The Oboe Connection

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Delmar A. Williams
    Participant

Christopher Rouse has died after a long illness. His Oboe Concerto was premiered in 2009 by Basil Reeve and the Minnesota Orchestra and has been performed by L.Wang, R. Woodhams, K.Needleman and perhaps others. My personal oboe connection to him was in January 1988. I was in Baltimore, and I heard the world premiere of his Symphony No. 1 with the BSO. You can imagine my glee when the oboe d’amore was used as a solo instrument in the new work. Rest in peace Chris Rouse.
    https://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwclassical/article/Composer-Christopher-Rouse-Dies-At-Age-70-20190921

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.