|       
IDRS Honorary Member Laila Storch Turns 100 on Feb 28. Here her fr early ’50s

The IDRS Forum is an archived resource. Some boards will remain open for discussions. Visit the Marketplace to list items for sale, or the Community Events and Openings page to list and search job openings, community shared events, and educational openings. Visit the IDRS Fingering page to search and suggest fingerings.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Announcements Double Reeds in the News IDRS Honorary Member Laila Storch Turns 100 on Feb 28. Here her fr early ’50s

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Delmar A. Williams
    Participant

From a facebook book by Bill Wielgus, Retired Second Oboe National Symphony
    Laila Storch has a momentous birthday coming up (100 on February 28, 2021 and in anticipation I am trying to finish releasing some of the recordings her husband gave me when I visited them a few years ago with Adam ShapiroThis broadcast dates from the time (1950s) she was principal in the Houston Symphony, here with guest conductor Maurice Abravanel. The JC Bach Sinfonia has an extended solo in the second movement which starts at around 3:54. The audio quality is not ideal but the historical nature of the performance warrants posting this gem of tasteful phrasing.

Listen here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyRryABL1xc

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The forum ‘Double Reeds in the News’ is closed to new topics and replies.