The International Double Reed Society (IDRS) was established in December of 1971 and is a world-wide organization of double reed (oboe and bassoon family) players, instrument manufacturers and enthusiasts. The society has over 4,400 members from 56 countries. Within the United States, 50 states as well as the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico are represented.
- Regular Member - $60
- Student Member - $50 With Printed Issues
- Student Member - $35 Online Only (Will not receive the IDRS' quarterly printed publication, The Double Reed)
The generosity of contributing members enables IDRS to realize and maintain various projects. IDRS acknowledges contributing members by publishing their names in IDRS publications.
- Sustaining Member - $85
- Business Donor Member - $150
- Donor Member - $175
- Patron Member - $350
- Benefactor Member - $500 & Up
Institutional subscribers receive subscription to printed editions of The Double Reed only, and receive no other membership-related benefits. Members-only section of the IDRS web site is not available to institutional members.
- Libraries, Schools, Military, etc. - $60
Postage option for publications
- Bulk or Surface mail - Included in membership
- First class/Airmail postage - Included in Donor Patron and Benefactor memberships
- First class/Airmail postage, $45 - Option for Sustaining, Regular, and Student memberships and Institutional subscribers.