International Double Reed Society (IDRS) Membership Coordinator
The International Double Reed Society is seeking a Membership Coordinator to engage with the Society’s current and prospective members. The Membership Coordinator is responsible for all aspects of membership, from serving as the first point of contact for membership related questions to organizing events to recruit new members. The Membership Coordinator is also tasked with maintaining the membership database and reporting membership figures to the Board of Directors.
Membership Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Handling all questions, information requests, and issues regarding membership.
- Processing new membership applications and renewals.
- Managing the renewal process, including renewal notices.
- Managing all institutional subscribers.
- Maintaining and updating membership records.
- Communicating with members as necessary.
- Collecting data, tracking membership statistics, and preparing reports.
- Developing and implementing strategies to recruit new members.
- Coordinating with the accounting department to track membership revenue.
- Organizing events and activities for existing and prospective members.
- Making regular deposits of membership funds.
- Preparing and maintaining mailing lists for publication distribution and membership communications
Membership Coordinator Skills and Experience:
- Experience with database management, spreadsheets and Google Workspace.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to think creatively and take initiative.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Highly organized.
- Previous experience in member management is a plus.
- Must be an IDRS member upon accepting the position.
- Cover letter. Please include your thoughts on moving the IDRS membership into a clear position of embracing equity, diversity, inclusion, and belonging.
The Membership Coordinator salary: $18,000 (approximately 15 hours/week).
Interested candidates must submit all of the above materials to the IDRS President, Sarah Roper, email@example.com. Review of applications will start on 02/18/2022 and will stay open until the position is filled.
The International Double Reed Society (IDRS) is a member-based organization made up of professional double reed players, amateurs, hobbyists, university/college instructors, music teachers, institutions, instrument manufacturers, double reed product retailers, reed makers, and enthusiasts.
IDRS was established in December 1971 for the following purposes:
- To encourage the performance of double reed literature.
- To encourage the improvement of instruments, reeds, and related materials.
- To encourage the composition and arranging of music for double reeds.
- To act as a resource for performers.
- To assist teachers and students of double reed instruments to attain a high standard of performance.
- To encourage cooperation and an exchange of ideas between the music industry and the Society.
Membership in the IDRS is available without regard to race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, or national origin. The International Double Reed Society is committed to championing and celebrating diversity, equity, and inclusion in the worldwide double reed community through performance and educational opportunities, grants, and ensuring representation that reflects the richness of our multi-faceted membership.