Job Opening: IDRS Communications Coordinator
The International Double Reed Society (IDRS) Communications Coordinator will oversee communications, marketing, and public relations for the Society. Responsibilities include managing the Society’s social media properties, implementation of a regular eNewsletter, reporting on social media analytics, and assisting with other communication-related activities.
- Work with the IDRS President to implement a communications plan for the Society.
- Plan and coordinate production of IDRS marketing materials for email and social media.
- Assist with the marketing plan for the IDRS competitions. Develop and maintain a social media content strategy for IDRS marketing materials and communicate strategy suggestions to the IDRS Executive Board.
- Coordinate website updates with the idrs.org Webmaster. Oversee the management of IDRS social media properties (Facebook Page, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube).
- As needed, help to identify key audiences to promote IDRS resources, services, events, etc., and refine and implement social media best practices for strategic communications.
- Review analytics, including reporting on Vimeo, YouTube, and all social media accounts, and report back to the IDRS Board quarterly on the effectiveness of content strategies.
- Create visual, video, and written content for the IDRS eNewsletter, social media campaigns, and official announcements.
- Oversee additional content being created by the Social Media Assistant(s).
- Experience creating and maintaining a social media content calendar.
- Experience creating visual content for social media platforms.
- Can easily work with and/or learn common technology platforms such as Vimeo, Google Drive, and similar applications.
- Able to meet deadlines and respond in a timely manner.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Must be an IDRS member upon accepting the position.
- Cover letter
- Portfolio and links to personal or professional social media profile examples
The Communications Coordinator position pays $10,800 per year.
Interested candidates must submit all of the above materials to email@example.com by December 4, 2020. Review of applicants will begin immediately after the deadline.